Restore Firefox settings.
I clicked view then clicked toolbars and I accidentally clicked something. Now the toolbar with the File, Edit, and View buttons have disappeared, and the place where you type the url are gone. I need help fixing those. I just need some way so I can restore all Firefox settings to default.
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Menu Bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help)
Press ALT+ V T M (CTRL+V T M on Macs) on your keyboard. This should restore the menu bar (Firefox 3.6)
View|Toolbars|Select the desired Toolbar
Other steps to try
Try restoring the default set by going to View|Toolbars|Customize| Restore Default Set. This will put the toolbars back in the default place
You May need to reset toolbars and controls via Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode Make sure you completely close Firefox first. When you get to the Safe Mode window, select Reset toolbars and controls and then Make Changes and Restart.
Hope this helps!