How to change to portrait printing format
When I send a page to print in Firefox, it comes up as a landscape portrait - which I never use and which seldom fits the whole page. Previously, in other apps, I've got around this by changing the format in Print Preview, but there's no option to do this. It was always OK in the past - what happened?
Every time Firefox opened
== I had downloaded a new version of Firefox (3.6.6 for Mac)
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
comes up blank - no idea
Did you try File -> Page Setup?
You can also change it thru the Print Preview window. File > Print Preview
Thanks guys, but it's the 'Layout Direction' - which is one of the supposded options within Print Preview (underneath where it says 'Pages per Sheet', see screenshot) - that is no longer working in this version of Firefox.
If I simply go to Print Preview and change the immediate layout I only get the choice of landscape upright or landscape sideways - and what I want is portrait, which I can only access through the above method.
I think it's a blip in the machine. I do wish these major web browsers would offer proper 'help' vehicles instead of threaded forums.
Anyway, thanks so far for the help. Any further ideas welcome...
sorry, couldn't upload screenshot...
Sorry, you get the "help" you pay for with Firefox. Plus there are no "helpers" here (AFAIK) who are experienced Mac-users, those of us who use Windows and Linux try our best to help answer Mac-related postings, but it looks like that might be a waste of our time due the differences in Firefox on the Mac-platform.
I had to to into Firefox/File/Page Setup to change from landscape to portrait. In Safari, when you want to print, you get the print option to click on either portrait or landscape, but Firefox will not let you access this. Really annoying!