Cannot Uninstall Firefox
I tried to uninstall Firefox today and it will not work.
I have Windows XP and so tried Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. My computer does not respond at all.
I also tried running C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\uninstall\helper.exe. This also produces no response.
I can open the folder C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox, open the uninstall folder and try and open the helper program. Again, my computer does not respond.
I notice that this question has been raised numerous times on this forum before but, as far as I can see, no one has ever answered it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
A few times a week
== I tried to uninstall Firefox
Additional System Details
- -Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Java Console 6.0.01.02
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1
See this line in that article for manual removal instructions. Even if the uninstall fails, as it may in some cases, continue on with the rest of the uninstall instructions.