hotmail opens new window not new tab
I have used firefox for a long time and had no problems. Now, all of a sudden when I open my bookmarks or hotmail they open a new window and not a tab. I never changed anything to make this happen it just started happening. I turned my computer on and restarted it but it didn't help. I already tried different things and then I went on firefox support and I read my problem on the forum and what I should do about it. (I have a mac) Someone said to go to about:config and then go to browser.link.open_newwindow and chage it to 3 but when I typed in about:config it says warning this could void your warranty do not go here unless you know what you're doing! Needless to say, I got scared and stopped!!
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071701000001
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6
it is empty
You posted with an old and no longer supported Firefox 3.0.6 version. You should update to a more recent Firefox 3.6.6 (or 3.5.10) version.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the Enter key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website. If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.