most text is blocked in red and I cannot read it
Most of the sites I visit are blocked out in red highlight and I cannot read the text, this is on most headline or larger text.
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100504 AlexaToolbar/alxf-1.54 Firefox/3.5.10 GTB7.1
google toolbar, google gears, afilrorama, alexa
If the background of links is red then that is probably caused by an extension like SEO or SearchStatus that has the option set to highlight noFollow links. You can check the options of such an extension. You can click the icon on the Status bar to open the SearchStatus options and un-tick "Highlight NoFollow Links" See http://www.quirk.biz/searchstatus/
You can also check the default colors: Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors: Colors
I discovered the culprit! I'm running FireFox v3.6.25 and the plug-in affilorama v0.986 created red backgrounds to links making them virtually impossible to read. I uninstalled affilorama and the problem is now solved!