microsoft bing invasion
bing comes up when, for instance, I enter "amazon" in the address bar instead of taking me directly to Amazon.com. i can't find "bing" in any folders, remove programs in control panel (windows xp), the registry or FireFox add-ons.
Every time Firefox opened
== withing the last week
Additional System Details
- -The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8
answers, copernic, googlegar liite, lastpass, list.it, tab kit .0.5.12, xmarks
Hopefully this support article is what you need:
Also, just so you know, this kind of changes are often due to users installing other software (like firewalls, media players and things like that) that bundle "make SEARCH.COM your default search engine" with them. Some users forget to read what their doing and just press next next next, and this happens... Just for future reference.
solved the problem. i had didabled windows automatic updates, but somehow Microsoft sneaked it back on. found and update 3.0 something and restored the system to just before the date of that update.