Need a way to edit MIME for firefox 3.6.6
I have ff 3.6.6 I am trying to add new file types to my application list. It seems I need to edit MIME types but previously answered questions pertaining to this problem do not list a solution compatible with 3.6.6
This link http://space.geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/alice0775/view/20080912/1221150790 was posted by "the-edmeister" but the add-on is dead and I can't tell if it was ever compatible with 3.6.6
Additional System Details
- -The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
There's three download links near the top of that page, this is the one you need.
Directly above where it says 3.0.* - 3.7.*
The site: http://space.geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/alice0775/view/20080912/1221150790 is completely down, or at least I cannot access it.
I have FF 3.5 and would love to get hold of the MIME Edit add-on somehow.
The-Edmeister have you still got a copy of the one for FF 3.0.* + 3.7.* ?? If so could you or anyone else that still has a copy upload it to a bitlocker and send the link here?
I would also like to try this out on the latest FF 4 but am not sure if alice0775 did have one up for that version. If he/she indeed had an MIME edit FF add-on for 4.* would you The-Edmeister or anyone else that has this great add-on upload it to a bitlocker and post the link here as well?
That would be tremendously appreciated. Unfortunately the site seems to have gone off-line completely just recently and this MIME edit add-on for FF seems a real hard to find gem.
Thanks for any help towards this. Tried editing the .rdf file manually but not sure what to write exactly. Any ways, thanks for any help.
Sorry, I haven't needed that extension in many years and don't have it saved on this PC. For some reason, WhiteAlice0775 never placed that extension on the AMO website - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/84420/
AFAIK it has only been available from that Geocities - Yahoo webspace, which was shutdown by Yahoo in 10/2009. Apparently, the Yahoo Japan Geocities web site lasted a bit longer than the USA version did - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeoCities
Thanks for your reply. I will try and find it somewhere. If YOU can dig it up that would be ace. Let me know. I am searching...