How do I get rid of ask .com in upper right corner of firefox start page
Somehow, I got an unwanted toolbar of ask. com I got rid of the toolbar, but ask.com shows up in the upper right corner of my start page, instad of Google
Every time Firefox opened
== I got rid of the Ask.com toolbar
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10
Here's a guide for dummies - getting rid of ask.com: http://otherstuf.blogspot.com/2010/11/getting-rid-of-askcom-on-firefox.html
It took some experimenting because ask.com was not show as an add on in options. I just right clicked on the ask.com search engine window and eliminated all search engines I did not want. The screen instantly went to my default of Google.