I recently had to create a new profile, and thought I had backed up my bookmarks. They are now gone and I have not been able to restore them. Any chance they can be recovered? Thanks!
I recently had to create a new profile, and thought I had backed up my bookmarks. They are now gone and I have not been able to restore them. ANy chance they can be recovered? Thanks!
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10
McAfee SIte Advisor
Java Quick Starter
Speedbit video downloader
I hope you haven't deleted your old Profile yet. See this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering+important+data+from+an+old+profile
Think they are gone with the wind. Not a big problem, fortunately. Thanks for the assist!
How did you make that backup?
Hi Cor-el! I saved under bookmarks/organize bookmarks/import and backup. Since I cannot find that file anywhere on my system, it is certainly possibly that I did not complete the process. Was hoping it may have auto backed up someplace. Fortunately, I can recreate most of it with a little work, so this is not a disaster. Thanks!
It is possible that you forgot to add a file extension (.json) while saving and in that case you may be looking for the wrong file.
Also make sure that you search for hidden files and folder in case the file was saved in the Firefox Profile Folder
Firefox won't import the file without a .json file extension ("Can't process ..."), but you can create a backup with any name.