I would like Firefox to automatically open documents in Preview rather than merely saving them in downloads. Is there a way to do this?
I need to open files on an FTP site. I want them to be opened in Preview as soon as I click on them within the web page rather than saving it to the downloads folder and then opening them manually in Preview.
Every time Firefox opened
I don't know if this is what you want, but you may try configuring your applications screen to handle specific file types in a way you prefer:Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10
I don't know if this is what you want, but you may try configuring your applications screen to handle specific file types in a way you prefer: