Firefox connects to google-analytics for some sites, and then gets stuck, and I can never get onto the site. How do I prevent Firefox from connecting to google-analytics? I use XP with service pak 3 in English
Firefox connects to google-analytics for some sites,when i click on links in websites or emails and then gets stuck, and I can never get onto the site. Or opens a new bower behind the one i'm usind that's blank i don't even know it's there untill i close the one i'm using. How do I prevent Firefox from connecting to google-analytics? Or opening a blank bowser behind the one i'm using. I use XP with service pak 3 in English
A few times a week
== a couple months ago
Additional System Details
- -Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Nexon Game Controller 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Adblock Plus 1.2 , Clipmark4.0.1 , DownloadHelper 4.7.3 , ebay side bar for Firefox 2.0.5 , FoxyTunes 4.0.6, Java Consoles 4.0.6, 6.0.03, 6.0.07, 6.0.10, 6.0.12, 6.0.13, 6.0.14, 6.0.05, 6.0.20 Java Quick Starter 1.0 Xmarks 3.6.7
I got the same issue.
I go on a website and all the sudden another window pops up with "results.google-analytics.com" or "search.google-analytics.com". It has often ads for other sites for example. black single dating site
how can I can I stop that from happening again? I didn't download or do anything, just visit websites, that I visit on a regular basis.
OS: Windows XP Firefox Version: 3.6.6
What i did worked for me, i hope it works for you. I put Add Block add on to firefox then the next time i got miss directed i added a fliter which blocks my brower from allowing this and from being highjacked anymore.
ghostery add on blocks 238 web trackers (including the web trends tracker on this page). ghostery will sort the problem by blocking google analictics and there other seven trackers
Hay! I've found that disabling firecookie, the problem stops.