when I click on Firefox on my desktop I get BING, I don't want Bing, I want Google for my homepage. Thank you, bc
When I click Firefox on my desktop I go to Bing, I want Google as my homepage.
Additional System Details
- -NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Single-word input in the URL/location bar are taking users to Bing instead of their selected search engine thanks to a Microsoft update on 06/08/2010.
See if this helps you: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Removing+the+Search+Helper+Extension+and+Bing+Bar
Other Issues: ~~red:You have installed plug-ins with known security issues. You should update them immediately.~~
Update Java: your ver. 126.96.36.199; current ver. 188.8.131.52 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Firefox 3.6 and above requires Java 184.108.40.206 and above; see: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Java-related+issues#Java_does_not_work_in_Firefox_3_6 ) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
I had the same problem, and I solved it uninstalling the update KB982381 from Windows. This update is set as "important" by Microsoft, so, after removing it, you have to search for updates on Windows Update and check it out from the updates list. That way, you will avoid installing it again.
I don't have update kb982381