how to change firefox in german to english
running vista ultimate but it opens firefox and the os in german. how to change to english. all my research show how to do it assuming i can read german icons, etc...so it doesn´t help. thanks
== since i got the computer
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
running vista ultimate but it opens firefox and the os in german.
how to change to english. all my research show how to do it assuming i can read german icons, etc...so it doesn´t help.
follow these steps to change the language of Firefox:
- Re-download the Firefox version of your choice and in your language from the Firefox site for international versions.
- Close Firefox, by clicking on File and selecting Close .
- Open your download directory, then double-click on the downloaded installation file.
- Go through the Firefox installation wizard to complete the installation.
Kind regards, Tobbi Firefox Support Volunteer
i understand the instructions, but i cannot read the german to know how to do the instructed directions
After spending few hours and testing how to change the language of my Firefox 3.6.8 from Chinese to en-US (English), I come across this only option so far (the about:config trick didn't work for me).
1. Unistall your previous Firefox browser instalation. 2. Go to: Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Change Location -> (set) United States. 3. Find a good proxy or VPN with USA IP. 4. Go to: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html and download your desired Firefox with your desired language (I chose: http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6.8&os=win&lang=en-US). 5. Download it and install it.
Note: As far as I understand the Firefox will look about your OS language (mine is the English version), your OS keyboard languages (mine set for US and chinese), OS Control Panel Location (mine was set to USA), and your location at the moment when you execute the download for the Firefox browser app (mine was China but at that time I used a VPN which confirmed my location as USA).
Go here. Select your language and download. Firefox then installs the correct language and updates your firefox.