The search bar is not visible.
The search bar is just plain not there. I have deinstalled, deleted the old Mozilla folder and re-installed/upgraded with the same result. When I start FF in safe mode, the search bar is there. Clearing prefs, returning to defaults have no effect.
Every time Firefox opened
== As long as I've been here
Additional System Details
- -DBsign Web Signer Plugin
- JInitiator 126.96.36.199 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- VBrick (tm) Video Player Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox 3.5.4 Windows XP SP3
"When I start FF in safe mode, the search bar is there."
If the problem does not occur in Safe-mode then disable all of your Extensions and Plug-ins and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears. You MUST close and restart Firefox after EACH change via File > Restart Firefox (on Mac: Firefox > Quit). You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Safe mode start window.
See: Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
Done, No avail. Disabling all extensions has no effect. The search bar still is not visible.
* If on Windows in Firefox 3.6 the menu bar is hidden then press and hold the Alt key down, that should make the "Menu Bar" appear. * Go to "View > Toolbars" and put a check-mark for "Menu Bar" to make that permanent. See Restore the Menu bar in Firefox). * Make sure that you have the Navigation Toolbar and other toolbars visible: "View > Toolbars" * If items are missing then see if you can find them in the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window. * If you see the item in the Customize window then drag it back from the Customize window to the Navigation toolbar. * If you do not see that item then click the "Restore Default Set" button in the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window.
No. None of this worked. Already tried.
I have tried returning to original settings. I have disabled all extensions. Still no search bar. I've also completely de-installed the app, and removed existing program files folder.
When FF runs in safe mode, the search bar is there. Whenever I start FF normally, there is no search bar.
Did you try to delete the file localstore.rdf in the Firefox Profile Folder ?
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf (caution: do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder)
Note: Deleting the file localstore.rdf will reset the customizations of the toolbars to the defaults. You can rename localstore.rdf to localstore.rdf.sav to test if that solves it. Then you can restore the customization by copying localstore.rdf.sav to localstore.rdf if it didn't work.