Show miniature websites of previously visited websited when I hit new tab.
The new tab provided a new page showing miniature websites visited previously in the order in which they were visited. Since I installed Firefox 3.6.3 this does not happen when I hit new tab. How can I get this feature back or where can I find it? Thank you very much
== When I installed Firefox 3.6.3
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- NPVeohVersion4 plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Did not install any extensions
Are you referring to the functionality that's provided by this extension, Speed Dial? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../4810/
It might be the case that you had an extension that was disabled when you updated to Firefox 3.6.
See Use extensions to add features to Firefox on managing extensions.
See http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?answer=115561 - Web-browsing tools : Google new tab page and most visited websites - Toolbar Help
I have just updated to FF 13 and suddenly experienced the same problem. I tried Cor-el's solution but could not find a Google toolbar at all, so coukl not put Google's solution into effect.
However what I did find on a New Tab page was a button in the top right-hand corner underneath the toolbar(s) which dropped down to display just one option: Hide the New Tab page.
I pressed this - and the miniatures vanished and have not reappeared even on restart.
Modified by Hershmab
[locking thread due to the age]