I use Firefox with Google. Cannot clear history on search bar. It doesn't happen with Safari. Why?
I use Firefox with Google. Trying to remove searches from Google search bar. Their help doesn't . This doesn't happen with Safari. How can I remove past searches? I tried to remove history from the right hand corner search box and it worked. If you can help, great
Every time Firefox opened
== I type searches and Google help doesn't.
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.523
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2009032608 Firefox/3.0.8
I believe, sir, that you are referring the Google Toolbar extension.
I believe you can follow the instructions to remove the search history for the Toolbar extension here: http://www.google.com/support/toolbar.../answer.py?hl=en&answer=9271
While you're at it, I would also suggest that you update to the latest version of Firefox, which is currently 3.6.3. You can always find the latest releases here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
Best of luck.
Thanks JYOuyang but some instructions are different in Macs. I think I tried this but didn't work. The bold part is different in a Mac or more like th2 2nd point.
1. Click the Firefox Tools menu, or press Alt-T on your keyboard. 2. Select Clear Recent History. 3. Click the drop-down next to Time range to clear and select how much of your history you want to clear. 4. Click the drop-down arrow next to Details. 5. Select the "Browsing & Download History" and "Form & Search History" checkboxes. 6. Click Clear Now.
I believe the 'Clear Recent History' option was implemented in Firefox starting with version 3.5. I would recommend that you follow the link above and install the latest version.
One last one and thank you so much for the help...I have also lost audio on Firefox. that means if i look at YouTube clips, there is no sound or it comes on for a brief second. I have seen streaming clips on Safari and all is good. After getting used to Firefox, i really don't want to change but if these problems persist, i will have to remove. As for upgrading, I have seen other posters saying that they had problems with slowness in refreshing or uploading pages. Anything you can suggest to these last problems. once again, thank you for your help. BTW...i have FF3.08
I assume this is an issue with the Flash plugin. Try troubleshooting with this article Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems.
Hi, You should right click (Control click) on the bar and you will see the option you seek. Good luck.
Hey Funlola..thanks for that but it doesn't work. It does work on the right hand corner search bar but on the bar inside the page, Ctrl click doesn't bring up clear history. Just incase you don't understand what i man, open a Google page...stuck in the middle there is a search box with the heading 'Firefox start'. That search bar is the one I cannot clear history.
JYOuyang..i have installed the latest version of Firefox...not sure if the other problems will persist but clearing history is the problem at present. Thanks Again!