why are I being redirected everytime I click on a search link
When ever I click on a search link from my search results I am being redirected to some kind of ad or inappropriate website. This began this morning after Firefox installed it's updates
Every time Firefox opened
== This morning
Additional System Details
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Creative ZENcast v2.01.01
The add-on "4.0.50524.0 " looks like crap. Uninstall that add-on or start FF in Safe Mode, and check "Disable all add-ons".
Plugin, I mean. It could be an add-on, though.
"4.0.50524.0" is probably the Silverlight plugin, so no need to remove it. -- Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
I am running anti malware, and I am still having problems I just keep getting redirected, and my pop up blocker is not working at all. I also uninstalled and reinstalled firefox...I am stillbe redirected. None of the programs I have run have found anything yet
I am still have a redirect problem and I can't get anyone from Mozilla Fire Fox.
Your issue may be caused by Malware. You can run and update the following free anti virus software:
1. Malwarebytes (Free version) - http://www.malwarebytes.org
2. Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org
3.Spyware Terminator - http://www.spywareterminator.com
In addition, there are a number of forums you can use to help get rid of your infection. These include: