I forgot my user name & password for Firefox Sync 1.3.1
I set up Firefox Sync 1.3.1 on my main PC, but when I tried to sync a laptop (some days later), I couldn't remember/find the user name & password fort Sync. How can I recover them?
Just once or twice
== as above
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
(no relevant answers found, only 'master password', which I don't want to change)
mine just says I have the wrong password, when i am fairly sure it's right.
Forgot SYNC password
Try the tools on this site: https://services.mozilla.com/
They have the password retrieval there. Also, in Firefox 4, they will offer the option to reset the password if you type it wrong the first time.
You can see the Sync password and secret Sync key in the password manager on the computer where you first created that sync account.
Look for these names:
- chrome://weave (Mozilla Services Password)
- chrome://weave (Mozilla Services Encryption Passphrase)
I have a similar problem, only none of the solutions above works for me.
I don't have my username and it's not possible to reset your password based on the email address. It's not possible for me to search in any files because all files are erased on my old computer.
I haven't been able to find any contact information or support page for Firefox Sync so I have no hope left but to hope for a solution in here. I find it hard to believe, that there is nothing to do simply because you don't remember your username. Please let me know, if you know a way to restore or reset your password or username based on the email provided when the account was made.
Thanks in advance.
it's at the link in first answer to my question.
It's the master password to the Browser that I changed not the Sync PW. I had the Sync PW using, but then started to just fill in browser MasterPW at Sync PW prompt for both macs and appeared to be working until i changed the browser PW.
when I type the 1st chrome:// exactly in address bar it just sends me to a google search page for that string.
don't understand "chrome", but thanks for the tip.
went there, but only "RESETS" Sync password. Used original username and pw from my 1Password pw manager so it should be right, but the pw was not what I've been typing in. been using browser pw which now forgot. that's the pw I need to reset or get e-mail'ed.
i am having the same problem, i do have the sync key with me only that i could not remember my username and my password...now the problem is that i am unable to connect to the service as it does not allow password retrieval if you don't remember the password...kindly help in this regard...
You can use the email address that you used to create the Sync account to request a new password.