Unwanted web sites display
When searching for a specific web site with Google, Firefox redirects to unwanted web sites. These web sites are usual "junk" web sites that have nothing to do with the search we are conducting. We have the latest version of Mozilla and have tried everything to prevent unwanted web sites from displaying. For example, if I enter "Monster.com" in the Google search form, the Firefox redirects to "nfeed.com". Several other web pages will also try to be displayed and eventually Firefox crashes. We have un-installed Firefox and then did a re-install several times now. We also have the latest Internet Explorer but we do not encounter these redirect issues when using IE.
Every time Firefox opened
== updated to Firefox 3.6
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.4 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
*-Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
*Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
*NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
*The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
*Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.10 for Netscape
*Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
*iTunes Detector Plug-in
*McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
*Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.4 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
*Java(TM) Platform SE binary
*Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
When working, unwanted sites pop up ie Casino, etc. How do I block these things?
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website