How do I make Google my default search engine?
How do I set Google up as my main and default search engine??
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Office Live Update v1.5
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
None I just want to have google as my default search engine.
Is your search going to Bing when you type 1 word in the URL/location bar? Do multiple word searches still go to Google? Did this start this week, after the Microsoft updates? If so see: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/694752?
Other Issues: to correct security/stability issues
Install/Update Adobe Flash Player for Firefox: your ver. 10.0 r45; current ver. 10.1 r53 (important security update 2010-06-10) See: Updating Flash -use Firefox to download and SAVE to your hard drive (save to Desktop for easy access) -exit Firefox (File > Exit) -check to see that Firefox is completely closed (Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager, click Processes tab, if "firefox.exe" is on the list, right-click "firefox.exe" and choose End process, close the Task Manager window) -double-click on the Adobe Flash installer you just downloaded to install/update Adobe Flash -when the Flash installation is complete, start Firefox, and test the Flash installation here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1
- NOTE: On Vista and Windows 7 you may need to run the plugin installer as Administrator by starting the installer via the right-click context menu if you do not get an UAC prompt to ask for permission to continue (i.e nothing seems to happen). See this: http://vistasupport.mvps.org/run_as_administrator.htm
- NOTE for IE: Firefox and most other browsers use a Plugin. IE uses an ActiveX version of Flash. To install/update the IE ActiveX Adobe Flash Player, same instructions as above, except use IE to download the ActiveX Flash installer.
- Also see: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash ~~red:and~~ How do I edit options to add Adobe to the list of allowed sites
Nothing you stated is the situation it is just that it uses Yahoo! search and I want to use google. I am not impressed by bing or yahoo is all.
I have the same problem. Can't figure out how to make Google instead of Yahoo my default search engine.
hell ya i tried the keyword.url in about:config and change it to google's url but still the problem remains unaffected. I still cant figure out how to set google as default.
I had this problem too, it turned out to be a yahoo based toolbar bundled with PDF creator, even thought the tool bar was not active in firefox, uninstalling it solved the problem