When downloading Firefox 3.6 the answer is: disk did not mount
when trying to upgrade Firefox the download proceeds but it prints out: Download failed to mount the disk.
Not sure how often
== only when trying to upgrade Firefox
I believe Mach-O is an older version of OSX. If your version of OSX is 10.3.9 or lower, Firefox 188.8.131.52 is the last ever version that will run on your OS. Firefox 3.0.x and higher require OSX version 10.4 or higher.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r47
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/220.127.116.11
How do I look at the installed extensions or enter text from Tools it says: Web Search, Downloads, Add-ons, Error Console, DOM Inspector, Page info, Clear Private Data
Try downloading the installer (from getfirefox.com), uninstalling Firefox and then installing the new version from the installer you downloaded. That shouldn't give you any trouble.
Firefox 3.0 and 3.5/6 versions require at least Mac OS X 10.4 http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/system-requirements.html - Mozilla Firefox 3.6 System Requirements ..... Firefox 18.104.22.168 is the last release that runs on Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3 See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox
I believe Mach-O is an older version of OSX. If your version of OSX is 10.3.9 or lower, Firefox 22.214.171.124 is the last ever version that will run on your OS. Firefox 3.0.x and higher require OSX version 10.4 or higher.