remove yahoo toolbar
I need to remove yahoo toolbar, there is no official mozilla help on this topic, only forums of users. Please give me the necessary instructions to REMOVE ALL YAHOOI THANK YOU !!!
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- SpiralFrog DownloadManager Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_10 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
none, I even unchecked Yahoo upon Installation of FireFox
I dont' want the Yahoo toolbar either, especially if Yahoo doesn't give me an obvious way to opt out and remove. email@example.com
Firefox does not come with the Yahoo Toolbar or any other such add-ons. It was probably installed with some other item that you downloaded and installed. WATCH DURING DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION OF EVERYTHING FOR OPT-OUT OPTIONS!!
Thanks for the link TXGuy. I dislike Yahoo too-- I installed it by accident. (Google is better anyway)
Thanks for the pointers!
I specifically opted out of Damned Yahell Toolbar and other options. But it installed itself anyway. I removed it from the machine, but I cannot get it out of FF. I guess I will have to do a complete uninstall and install... Hopefully that will work.
Extensions, plugins, and themes are considered add-ons. Here is how you uninstall them.
1. On the menu bar, select Tools
3. Select the add-on you want to uninstall.
4. Click Uninstall . Again when prompted
You will need to restart Firefox
For plugins, you can disable them 1. In the add-ons window, select the Plugins Panel
2. Select the desired plugin.
3. Click Disable
You may need to restart Firefox
If you want to uninstall a plug in:
A plethora of plugins come with their own uninstall wizards, see Popular plugins for steps on how to uninstall common plugins
If you are having trouble uninstalling a plugin, see Manually uninstalling a plugin
1. In the add-ons window, select the Themes Panel
2. Select the theme you want to uninstall
3. Click Uninstall. Again when prompted
This option does not work. I opted out of installing the toolbar 3 times during installation of IM, but it still installed. It keeps saying restart Firefox to keep your changes. I am going to try firefox safe mode though.