i have installed the alexa toolbar but cannot find it or run it
Problem running Alexa toolbar in firefox.
Not sure how often
== i have downloaded the alexa toolbar
Additional System Details
- -Version 220.127.116.11
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Version 0.9.8a, copyright 1996-2008 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
having downloaded the alexa toolbar via firefox it will not display. I always login via facebook.
First of all, see if the Alexa toolbar is listed in the list of toolbars, found in menu View (Alt+v) -> Toolbars.
If it is and doesn't have a checkmark beside it, enable it by clicking it in the list in that menu. If it is and does have a checkmark beside it, it may be displayed outside the window somehow or there is some other problem, please try and see if the Navigation buttons like back, home, bookmarks and reload are missing support article can help you solve it.
If it is not listed in the Toolbars menu, it may not have installed properly for some reason - check in menu Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions that it is installed. Our support article Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems may be able to help you, this may also apply if you're not using the default theme as it could be a problem with the theme. The article Unable to install add-ons (extensions or themes) may also be helpful and goes more in-depth with add-on installation problems.
Please let us know how above works out, and if we can be of further assistance.
Thanks for the response. The Alexa Tool bar is not listed in View Toolbars but is in the Extensions list - so I think it might be downloading ok. However, when I go to addons and click the "options" button for Alexa the entire "add-ons" page freezes. So I still don't get to use the Alexa toolbar.
Could some security software be blocking the Alexa toolbar perhaps?
Also, which version of the Alexa toolbar are you running? The one on AMO doesn't seem to be fully updated - the Alexa Toolbar page contains version 1.54, the Alexa Sparky page on AMO seems to have version 1.4.9. There also seems to be an alternative available, SEO Status PageRank/Alexa Toolbar on AMO - you could try that one too.