one secure website loads painfully slow (7 minutes !). Only this site. How can I streamline firefox to load these pages faster?
one secure website loads painfully slow (7 minutes !). Only this site. How can I streamline firefox to load these pages faster? This started happening only after I switched from McAffee to Norton Security Suite. Other secure sites load just fine.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.2
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.0.10 NET_mmhpset (.NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Norton IPS 2.0, Norton toolbar 4.6
If you close Firefox, then start Firefox in Safe Mode, does the problem still occur? For instructions on starting in Safe Mode, see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode.
You have or had an extension installed (NET_mmhpset) that has changed the user agent from Firefox/3.6.3 to Firefox/3.0.x.
You can check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page. You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website. Filter: general.useragent If general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then you can right-click that pref and choose Reset.
See Web sites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser and Find what version of Firefox you are using See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default