how do I close Firefox to install Firefox 3.6.4 without losing all my windows and tabs?
How do I close Firefox to install Firefox 3.6.4 without losing all my windows and tabs?
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox 3.6.4 hasn't been released officially. See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6.4 : Release Firefox 3.6.4 to everyone: June 1 So be patient and wait for the official release.
Closing Firefox means: File > Exit (Quit)
Hi finfred, When you close Firefox, it should ask you if you want to save your open windows and tabs ("Do you want Firefox to save your tabs for the next time it starts"). If this is not happening, you can read this article: How do I restore my tabs from last time?.
Once you are sure that Firefox will remember your windows and tabs, you can upgrade it. For your reference, you can read this artice: Upgrading to Firefox 3.6. Note that the latest official version available is 3.6.3 and not 3.6.4.
Hope this solves your problem.