History doesn't show anything from last month or past few months
I checked the history list. I noticed that the pages from last month have just vanished. Can you please help me?
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- npmnqmp 07103007
- npmnqmp 07074032
- GameTap Browser Helper Tool
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.0
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.1243
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
You may be having a problem with some extension or plugin that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Also, you may have been accidentally browsing in private mode (make sure you're not, or your history won't be saved). Or you (or someone else...) may have deleted that recent history, by going into Tools > Clear Recent History.
Make sure that you haven't used Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox to clear the browser history or that you have security software that does a cleanup of files in the Firefox Profile Folder.
You can check these prefs on the about:config page. http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.history_expire_days (180) (also affects saved form data) http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.history_expire_days_min (90)
I have a slightly different problem.
My browsing history-expire-days selection (greater than 7 days) is apparently ignored.
My browsing history is saved, but only for 7 days, regardless of setting of browser.expire_history_days... (in about:config or tools|options privacy=tab - remember my browser history).
Show-all-history (cntl-shift-H) only has today, yesterday and last 7 days as selections, in spite of above controls being set to 180 days. I would expect last 30 days and greater that 30 days options in the history presentation. If history is being retained, I can not
Firefox version is 3.6.3, OS is Vista. I don't have any Norton programs. I do have CCleaner, but it is set to retain Firefox Internet History.
Hi I have exactly the same problem. tried the same things Firefox version is 3.6.3, OS is Vista.
It turns out that you just have to wait long enough and save enough history for Firefox to determine that more buckets are appropriate for the display.
There was nothing wrong with Firefox, just a mis-understanding of what I should see given my history retention policy.
So, I don't have a problem with my browser history. That is not to say that this thread doesn't have some validity.