How do I combine two browser windows?
Often, one of my tabs will escape the current page and make its own page. How can I return that to a tab in the window/page I'm using and how do I prevent this?
A few times a week
== within the last 6 months
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
A very slight downward movement when clicking on a tab will cause it to "tear-off" into a new window. You can drag the tab back to the original window.
To stop the "tear-off" behavior, you can install this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/12276
Ah, okay. Dragging the *tab* to another window is how to do it. I have been trying to drag a stray window to another window, which doesn't work. Thanks!