I want to COPY bookmarks on my PC onto my laptop.
I want to COPY my bookmarks from my PC to my laptop. How do I do this?
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 (.NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152)
java quick starter
microsoft .NET framework assistant
Nope. Don't want to weave. I just want to copy a bunch of filed bookmarks without drag/dropping each and every one of them onto a flash drive. Why can't I copy all?
On your PC
Do a manual backup of you bookmarks by following the instructions at Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
Copy the bookmark backup to your laptop
On your Laptop
Restoring bookmarks from a backup will overwrite your current set of bookmarks with the ones in the backup file.
1. On the menu bar, click Bookmarks | Organize Bookmarks
2. Click Import and Backup Then, Restore | Choose File
3. Find the location of your bookmark backup
4.Select it and hit Open__
Then I have to get a driver to open it as a .jasn file, or whatever? THEN, it will over-write the bookmarks that I already have on the laptop? Am I reading this right?
There really isn't a file with all of them listed somewhere as in IE favorites that can be copied and pasted???
Doing this will add bookmarks to your current bookmarks, instead of replacing them like would happen when using a JSON backup file.
Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks -> Import & Backup - Export HTML... - to a USB stick then Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks -> Import & Backup - Import HTML... - from file on that USB stick
Good call, Ed! Thanks.