Under "preferences" and the "security" tab, I don't know understand what the first 3 options mean. I checked all three and now my browsing is greatly hindered.
in preferences under the security tab, I do not understand what the first three options mean. I checked all three, and now my browsing is greatly hindered.
== I checked the first three options
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
this is what those mean:
Warn me when sites try to install add-ons :
With Add-ons you can enhance Firefox's experience. However, some add-ons can be malicious so that's why Firefox warns you before installing them by default.
Block reported attack sites :
Attack sites are those sites that can install malware on your computer. Normally, Firefox blocks that. The same goes for
Block reported web forgeries , where Phishing sites are being blocked. See How the phishing and malware protection in Firefox works.
Also, those information can be found in the Security and passwords settings KB article.