How do i open extensions?
I downloaded some extensions that you have to open to use. The problem is that I can't figure out how to open them. They are not on/can't be put on the toolbar, are not in the "tools" tab, the only way I even know they are on my computer is by going to Tools > Addons > Extensions, and I can't even open them from there.
Not sure how often
== I downloaded the extensions/add-ons
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_04 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Destroy the Web 0.9.1, Games 0.01.03, Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1, Open Addons 1.2.1
If you have downloaded an extension without installing it, you will have downloaded a .xpi file. Go to File > Open File and choose the .xpi file.
I had the same problem and it was REALLY annoying... After hours of trying i found a way. Enable the "Menu bar" in the options(hover options) and then you can find the extensions under "Tools" just like it where in the previous versions. REALLY annoying. Why the hell can't you access this from the new menu?
With the Firefox button menu, look for the word Add-ons on right side as that is the same as going to "Tools->Add-ons".
Modified by James
View menu -> Toolbar -> Customize. ... or ... Firefox -> Options -> Toolbar Layout...
in the customize toolbar check whether the extension you installed is there? If the extension is not there, restart Firefox and check whether the extension is there or not again. If, again, you could not find it there than you need to install the extension again. Once you see the extension in the Customize Toolbar dialog box, then drag that extension to the toolbar of Firefox window. From there you could launch your extensions conveniently.
Enjoy Firefox 6.0