a website is opening in my sidebar when I don't want it to. What gives
my personal website is opening in the sidebar all of a sudden and I didn't fill in any box asking it to do so. what gives?
A few times a week
== this past week
Additional System Details
- -Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Plug-in for Starfield utilities
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r23
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
it doesn't always happen and appears to have no consistency as to its occurance
Opening in the side bar is the default for bookmarks that are created via a link or button on a website. You can check the Properties of a bookmark via the right-click context menu in the side bar (Cmd+B). In the Bookmarks Manager (Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks) you can click the More button in the Details pane at the bottom right. Make sure that "Load this bookmark in the side bar" is not selected.