cannot get western encoding to stay...defaults to unicode(utf8) - driving me nuts
in middle of page - page loads, takes about 5 sec to go back from western to unicode...driving me nuts...attempted all options in charachter encoding both in menu and in pref - HELP!! - restarts do not help, multiple different attempts to change, restart, change, etc, etc...was fine until I installed 2 themes and tried them out...happenend with "blue ice" - Mac Panther, FFox ver 2.x
Every time Firefox opened
== installed 2 themes, weather, keeps defaulting to Unicode(UTF-8)
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r246
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5.1
- RealMedia Player
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/18.104.22.168
for some reason, lost, then reinstalled weather
Well, you should update firefox; you're using a legacy version which is not currently supported.
I have not any problems with codification in v3.6.3