Firefox is displaying HTML instead of rendering it ... IE and Chrome show the rendered page ... what's wrong?
For some reason, firefox has started displaying RAW HTML when I navigate to a web site instead of rendering it. IE and Chrome are both rendering normally. What would cause this to start happening? Sometimes, pressing F5 fixes the problem, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll go to the same page the next day and everything is OK.
A few times a week
== A few days ago
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 07076007
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Console, FireFTP, Norton
First of all, and although possibly not related to your problem, I will remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment as been discontinued and is no longer supported. Furthermore, it has known bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum stability, performance, security and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at www.getfirefox.com.
As for your troubles, see if this support article helps:
Also check the Firefox setting in the Firewall. See Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls