I got a virus into the system, how do I reformat?
Ia accidentally imported a worm into the PC system. I have backed up all info and bookmarks. How do I reformat so I can start again and do I need an installation disk?
== Worm. Win.32.NetSky got into the system
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Can't delete email or do a heap of stuff. How can I either get rid of the worm, or reformat so I can start again?
This would be better asked in a Windows forum. We can help you back up and restore your Firefox info, but how to reformat is a windows thing. Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
Even though formatting is a windows process, try going to
Download the file FxNetsky.exe. Once downloaded, double-click the file and follow the instructions. The file is a removal tool specifically for your virus. It should remove the virus so you wont have to reformat and do a complete reload. And yes, if you reformat you will need an installation disk.
Chris, sorry for stepping on your toes. But as an instructor in the Navy the policy was if you didn't know the answer to the student's question, find it. I still have that habit.