Some sites I never had a problem with before are now only loading as blank pages in Firefox
Some websites that I never before had a problem with before are now loading as blank pages, no matter how many times I refresh or clear my cache. Its starting to really be a problem and I know there must be some solution. I think some (maybe all, not sure) of the sites with the problem are ones with a redirect, if that helps at all. I'm on Mac, running version 3.6.3 of Firefox.
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Extensions: XMarks, Web Developer, Colorzilla, Firebug, Delicious Bookmarks, MeasureIt, Meebo, ChromaTabsPlus (I had a bunch more but disabled them to see if that would fix it)
See: Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General : Accessibility : #General_tab
Thanks, I wish that worked but I already had left that box unchecked and am still experiencing the issue.
If it helps, it even loads the title tags and favicon for the page, but only a blank page appears.
I have the same problem and nothing works. I am now using Google Chrome. It's a pretty nice browser.
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Menu differences: Windows: Tools > Options - Mac: Firefox > Preferences - Linux: Edit > Preferences --- Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
when I rty ro load dictionary.com, I get the basic page structure to appear, then the page goes blank. I am not ble totyp in ay letters forthe word Iwant to look upwhen it disppears and resets to blank.