FireFox shows swf twice in browser when swfobject is used to display alternate content. Is there a fix for this?
I'm using swfobject to display alternate html content on a Flash site. In FireFox only it loads the site's swf twice. It does not happen with any other browser. You can view the site I'm testing at http://www.turntwomedia.com/index-altContent.html
Not sure how often
== I was testing the site in all browsers.
Additional System Details
- -Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- LogMeIn remote Access Components
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5
Flash Player 10
Try posting at the Web Development / Standards Evangelism forum at MozillaZine. The helpers over there are more knowledgeable about web page development issues with Firefox. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=25 You'll need to register and login to be able to post in that forum.
You have both an EMBED and an OBJECT without a classid that is displayed by Firefox in addition the the OBJECT with a classid for IE. You need to remove one of them. Either use the EMBED or the object with the conditional code () that hides it from IE.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="955" height="775" id="myFlashContent">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
<param name="movie" value="TurnTwoMedia_web.swf" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<embed src="TurnTwoMedia_web.swf" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="955" height="775" name="TurnTwoMedia_web" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" />
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="TurnTwoMedia_web.swf" width="955" height="775">
Thanks for your response, but I had already tried that and when I remove the one for IE, which is a fix for IE, then FireFox displays both the swf and the alternate html content on the same page.
Also, when I remove the if statement for IE, it doesn't display correctly in IE.
You need to remove the EMBED. You already have an object for Firefox.