Can't upload pictures to Facebook
Hi: I have a MacbookPro, OSX 10.5.8, and I use Firefox 3.5.9. I cannot upload photos to Facebook. I get a broken up "load" window, with not even the "upload" button to click, plus I can't select the photos I want to use.
I can do it perfectly, however, using Safari. Can you help? Thanks!
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -Cooliris embbedded in a tab
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Version 188.8.131.5282
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.1
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100315 Ant.com Toolbar 1.5 Firefox/3.5.9
DownloadHelper 4.7.3, PDF download 3.0.01, RSS Ticker 3.0.4, Screengrab 0.96.3
I cannot upload from Firefox 3.5.9 to Facebook and my window is also broken up. If I upload from Safary, no problem
I couldn't upload pics to facebook using firefox nor could I check my yahoo mail. I tried different things that people posted and nothing worked. I unchecked my accept 3rd party cookies and everything works fine including loading my mail from facebook. woo hoo!!! Hope this helps someone else.
Under Preferences/Content, 'upload pictures automatically' was unchecked. Checked it, and now it's fine.
Here's what you should do:
- Install the new Firefox 3.6
- You should do this because they fix glitches in the new Firefoxes and they improve the security
- Here's the link to do that: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
That should fix your problem.
Modified by Bratin