NOT a website issue; but the canned choices are bad. >> Why must the Extensions window launch with FF every time??
This canned menu is as bad as the cable company's. I do NOT want to start in safe/without extensions; but I am tired of having the Extensions box pop up on every browser start. can this be stopped?
URL of affected sites
Additional System Details
- -McAfee Clinic Activator Plugin (1,0,0,5)
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Default Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB7.0
Usually the Extensions/Add-ons window launches on Firefox start only if an add-on was installed/updated/uninstalled. Is it the case? The new add-on usually gets yellow background, while other add-ons have white background.
box opens every time..!!
on another set, never opens..
This issue can happen if there is a problem with the file extensions.rdf in the Firefox Profile Folder. Norton software has been reported to cause problems with the extensions registry file extensions.rdf in the profile folder with the result that all extensions are enabled with every start of Firefox and incompatible extensions will need a manual compatibility check in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" (Find Updates) in such cases.