When I try to open the "markets" page on the Firefox hompage, it displays for 3 or 4 seconds and then drops off; I get a white screen; this does not happen with Explorer.
When I open "markets" from the homepage, it comes up but drops off after a few seconds and I get a white page. This does not happen with Explorer. A similar but much more extensive problem happened a month or so ago (I couldn't open attachments). I called Microsoft and the fellow messed about with my computer for an hour or so, but ended up saying he couldn't help me. However, when he went away, the problems went away.
Every time Firefox opened
== two weeks ago?
Additional System Details
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- Express View Browser Plugin
- Delivery Network Acceleration by BitTorrent™
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Adobe DLM (powered by getPlus (R)
AVG Safe Search
HP Smart Web Printing
Microsoft.NET Framework Assistant
RealPlayer Browser Record Player
~~red:displays for 3 or 4 seconds and then drops off~~ If you have RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension, disable/remove the RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension in the RealPlayer Preferences (RP: Tools > Preferences > Download & Recording) . Restart Firefox and test.
See Noah_SUMO's illustrated answer in this thread if the above is not clear: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/557689?
The RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension adds some extra features like saving media files.
Be sure not to get confused with the RealPlayer plugin (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) that plays media files.
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/557689? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/459823 https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/446905? https://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=472596 http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/461211 http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/376867
~~red:Other Issues~~: to correct security/stability issues
Update Java: your ver. 18.104.22.168; current ver. 22.214.171.124 (important security update 04-15-2010) (Windows users: Do the manual update; very easy.) See: Updating Java Do the update with Firefox closed.
Update Shockwave for Director: your version 11.0; current version 11.5 NOTE: this is not the same as Shockwave Flash; this installs the Shockwave Player. SAVE the installer to your hard drive (Desktop is a good place so you can find it). When the download is complete, exit Firefox (File > Exit), locate and double-click in the installer you just downloaded, let the install complete. IMPORTANT: I have found it wise to always restart your system after doing anything with Adobe products. See: Installing Shockwave
Disabling RealPlayer Browser Plugin extension appears to have worked, although I had to do it through Firefox Tools, as the RealPlayer site did not offer me this option.