How can I remove the "Clear Recent History" function?
Curious, how can I remove/disable the "Clear Recent History" function? I was able to disable private browsing but this accomplishes basically the same thing, so I'd like to get rid of it as well.
Additional System Details
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- eMusic DLM 126.96.36.199
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
ahh, it looks like I've found the solution if anyone else is interested: http://kb.mozillazine.org/User:Dickvl/Private_Browsing_disable
sorry to bother people !
Oh no.. it looks like if you go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy you can still get to clear recent history... is there a way to disable the privacy tab of options while retaining the others?
What's to stop people just setting Firefox to clear "browsing history" on exit or just untick "remember browsing history" in the privacy settings?
Just get Wireshark and let people think they're hiding browsing habits all the while you're logging them via the network. This works even if they decide to switch browsers because someone disabled their private browsing mode...
I am working on an Group Policy Administrative template for Wetdog.exe, and it's awesome by the way. Just want to know what function to use (listed in "about:config" url) so i can turn this feature off entirely.
I don't want my users deleting browsing history, or have any ability to view it either.
Still, i want the browser to keep at least 30 days of history.
This is EASILY accomplished in Internet Explorer via GPO, but not so much in Mozilla with wetdog.exe and it's admin templates.
Any help would be much appreciated!!!
We the Educators and Parents need a solution to this problem.
Disabling\Removing " Clear Recent History " from the tools bar
Now we need the same option as we have with the " Private Browsing " issue