Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Problem with Spanish accented characters in some sites (e.g. "é" shows as "eacute")

  • 1 reply
  • 6 have this problem
  • Last reply by cor-el

more options

Spanish accented vocals are not being shown correctly at some pages of a site that I use often (https-based online banking). Note that not all pages at that site show this problem.

On the problematic pages, all accented vocals are shown as a combination of the "&" character plus such vocal (unaccented) plus the "acute" string.

For example:

"Información" shows up as "Información" ---> note that "ó" was replaced by "ó"

"Débitos" shows up as "Débitos" ---> note that "é" was replaced by "é"

I tried many Unicode & Western character encoding options, including UTF-8 which is my default option, with no improvements (actually, using any encoding option different from UTF-8 breaks those pages that previously worked fine at that site).

Note that this happened even before I installed the DownThemAll! extension.

Internet Explorer does not present this problem.

Thanks for your support.

URL of affected sites

Some internal pages at (once logged in)

All Replies (1)

more options

It is possible that those entities are in the page code as & or that they are missing a closing ';' See View > Page Source or select that text and use "View Selection Source" in the right-click context menu.