How do I stop a second unwanted Firefox browser window from opening
When I open Firefox a second Firefox window opens with http://www.weeklyhealthnewscanada.com/latest/articles/breakthroughdiet/vc/ca/index.php in it. This is a form of spam since I do not want this site to open on my computer and I have not subscribed to it.
Every time Firefox opened
== In the last week or so
Additional System Details
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You most likely have two different pages set as your home page. You can remove this second page from your list of home pages - see the instructions at How to set the home page
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
No I do not have two home pages. The page that pops up in the second browser is a health page, I would never set a page like this as a home page. An interesting thought though, thank you
Same annoying problem. This is some sort of pop-up ad. Probably need to clear cache and cookies. Will do Malware search.