Cannot open pdf on 3.6.3 on some sites even though have latest A Reader
On several, but not all websites, when I want a pdf, I get a black page with a box with "Adobe Reader?" and a "Yes" button, which when clicked, does nothing to bring up the page. In other words, too often, I cannot open a pdf. This has been happening since I changed computers and moved to Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows 7 from AOL.
Every time Firefox opened
== I changed computers, operating system version, and browser.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
I am having a similar program, but I am on a Mac, and I just get a blank page, with no download, no PDF opened, nothing. (except a blank page)
You may find these support articles helpful:
If this doesn't help and everything seems ok, you should contact Adobe for support.