FireFox resets each time I start my computer, extensions don't load and welcome message reappears
Each time I start my computer and launch FireFox I am greeted with the "Welcome" page as if it was the first time I launch it. My extensions do not load and I have to manually turn them off and on again for them to load properly. The permissions I gave them previously need to be reconfirmed.
It's as if FireFox doesn't remember me at all. It wouldn't be that problematic if not for the issue with the extensions.
I've searched far and wide and couldn't find any solution to my problem. If anyone has any tip I'd be grateful, I already forgot half of what I've already tried but I'll let you know.
Thank you ! :)
All Replies (1)
Sounds like your profile is corrupted and files do not get updated.
You can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works, you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.