This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to Import Bookmarks into a Sub-Folder?
Hi, I maintain a master bookmark file on my PC.
At work, I have built/maintain a similar - but wildly different - bookmark file on my work computer.
I would like to import my work bookmarks into a *sub* folder under my primary bookmark file maintained at home. It has been my experience - through trial and error - that this is not possible.
If it is possible, please let me know.
ps: There is no sensitive information in my work bookmarks... just in case you head down that road... thanks again!
All Replies (2)
Follow these steps to import your work bookmarks into a subfolder under your primary bookmark file in Firefox:
- Go to the "Bookmarks" menu in Firefox on your home computer.
- To open the Library window, click the "Show All Bookmarks" button.
- Right-click on the subfolder into which you want to import your work bookmarks and select "Import # Bookmarks" from the Library window.
- Click "Next" after selecting "Firefox" as the source of your bookmarks.
- Select the HTML bookmarks file from your work computer.
- When you click "Open," the bookmarks from your work computer will be imported into the subfolder you've chosen.
This should allow you to import your work bookmarks into a subfolder in Firefox under your primary bookmark file.
Here are some official references from the Mozilla Firefox support website that provide information on importing and organising bookmarks in Firefox:
These resources provide detailed information and step-by-step instructions to assist you in importing and organising your bookmarks in Firefox.
- /questions/1246330 How do I export just ONE bookmark folder for copying to another computer?
You likely will have to move the folder with the bookmarks to the correct location as importing an HTML backup usually places them in the Bookmarks Menu folder.