This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Thunderbird 'Local Folders'
Attention: Toad-Hall Jan 18, 11:33:01 PM - - Many thanks for answering my first query: Have not tried any of your suggestions as yet, truth be told don't think I would be able to. My new query, between the time of asking my first question and receiving your email we somehow retrieved our emails, have no idea how this happened, however, we are now able to send and receive emails: My new query, can you help us retrieve our local folders. Thank you.
All Replies (1)
Are you talking about the special mail account which Thunderbird creates by default and it is called 'Local Folders' ?
OR are you talking about the folders you normally see below the name of the mail account in the Folder Pane? some people call them 'local folders' when they really mean folders in a mail account.
It would be useful if you could supply some information because I have no idea what type of account you are using eg: POP or IMAP. The instructions depend upon type mail account.
- Menu icon > Help > More Troubleshooting Information
- Under 'Mail and News Accounts' section
- Copy all the data/text and post it into this forum question.
If IMAP then maybe you need to subscribe to see those server folders, so try this: In Folder Pane:
- right click on the imap mail account name folder and select 'Subscribe'
- click on 'Refresh' button
- select all the checkboxes for all the folders you want to see.
- Click on 'subscribe'
- click on 'OK'