This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Imported bookmarks html from Firefox (win 10) to Firefox (win 11) not showing on bookmarks only on Manage Bookmk
Imported bookmarks html from Firefox (win 10) to Firefox (win 11) not showing on bookmarks only on Manage Bookmarks.
I only see a few dozen random bookmarks when I go to the three slash "Open Application Menu" and none of the Folders. If I go into Manage Bookmarks I can see the folders and other missing bookmarks.
All Replies (1)
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
this could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder