This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Option to toggle visible tab?
Scenario: a "web player" for music starts a pop-up.
Desired behavior: user has option to switch live tab-less view into a tabbed view. Acceptable behavior: setting to force all new popups to have visible tabs
Issues (when no tab is visible):
- Can't drag or manage as a tab (if you want to)
- Can't graphically identify this web player as playing audio
- legacy config to force tab view apparently deprecated: dom.disable_window_open_feature.toolbar
- Chrome feature "show as tab" right click which toggles visible tab in this case, pretty convenient
- Relative archive topics:
- Show new window as Tab, like Google Chrome https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1080255
- Covert pop-up window to tab for only ONE pop-up window instead of all https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1287864
- Is there a show as tab option in Firefox? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1313051
- Show which tab is playing audio https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1339989