This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox constantly crashing on Mac
Cannot run FF on Mac beyond v89 without freeze and unresponsive requiring force quit. I have been keeping at v89 and now upgraded to Monterey so I tried current version (93) and still crashes. I deleted every file and folder on the drive with Firefox or Mozilla in the name but still crashes. Back to v89 and works fine.
All Replies (3)
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing when you open it. Please do the following to give us crash IDs that will help us understand more about the crash.
- (OS X 10.6 or previous) Click the Finder icon in the dock. Your home folder will be selected. In the right side of the window, click the Library folder to open it. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
(OS X 10.7 or above) Click the Finder icon in the dock. On the menu bar, click the Go menu, hold down the option or alt key and select Library. A window will open containing your Library folder. Then open the "Application Support" folder, the "Firefox" folder, the "Crash Reports" folder and finally the "submitted" folder.
- Open the 5 most recent files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
Older threads created by the OP, but none have crash report GUID.
- /questions/1355434 Firefox constantly crashing on Mac
- /questions/1348873 Mac Big Sur Firefox crashes on startup every version after 89
- /questions/1343974 constant crash on startup
So, I went back and re-installed the new version so that I could create a crash report and post it here. But it works fine now. If recurs then I will follow up.