This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
The last update, 91.2.0, did not install correctly, and I could not send emails. After Uninstalling Thunderbird and reinstalling, Uninstalling McAfee, and resetting the Windows Defender, I still can not send emails. The latest update is installed. I can receive emails. I really don't want to switch to a different email "bundler," but I have spent 2 days, enlisted an IT professional and am at my wits end.
Do you have any suggestions?
All Replies (13)
The read only box was not checked in abook.sqlite
Here are the screen shots.
This file is empty
I am having trouble uploading again. It appears to be the size of the pic/screen shot.
But, I have the same error messages. The abook.sqlite "read-only" box was not checked.
That's odd. Repeat the same process, but this time round remove the read-only option from your profile folder, that is, right-click the qx0jdozj.default folder. Apply the changes to subfolders and files when asked. Make sure Thunderbird is NOT running when you do this.
Modified by Stans
This file is empty
You are looking in the 'qx0jdozj.default/'crashes' folder. You need to go up the directory so you are looking at the contents of the 'Thunderbird'/ 'Profiles' folder. It will contain a folder called 'qx0jdozj.default'
Exit Thunderbird now. right-click the qx0jdozj.default folder. Uncheck the 'read only' Apply the changes to subfolders and files when asked.
I did as instructed, and am still not able to send email.
The first screen shot is from after making the change and trying to send an email. The second is from clearing the error console and trying to send an email.
Where's the second screenshot?
The second shot won't load. Ugh!
Stan, here is the second screen shot.
Do you have a backup of your profile or system before the upgrade to 91?
hmm, I use Carbonite. It backs up daily, and I believe overrides the previous versions. I am not sure how to find this information.
I only know it by name. You'll have to consult its knowledgebase or user manual, but if backups are taken daily and only one copy/version is retained, then the backup is as good as the profile in its current broken state. I strongly suggest creating and using a fresh profile for testing, and if sending works just fine, then use the new profile going forward. Any more time spent on this would rather be spent on rebuilding your profile instead of trying to revive the troublesome one. This is my take, others may have more suggestions that you could try, but it's possible whatever broke may not be fixable after all is said and done. See Profile Manager - Create and remove Thunderbird profiles
Thank you so much Stan! Setting up a new profile worked. What a journey.